We have recently filmed new coaching videos to help you, Team Captains and walkers, learn new ways to raise funds and build awareness through your NAMIWalks efforts. The videos are short, but they are full of great information on a variety of topics! Take some time to watch them and let us know what you think! Click Here to view the videos!
Friday, August 29, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
As a Team Captain and/or walker have you thought about FUN ways to build Teams and/or to raise funds this year? Of course you can ask someone to join your Team and/or donate to you the traditional ways – face-to-face, email, over the phone, online social networks. However, have you thought about using your talents for out of the box ways to engage people?
Here are some FUN ideas that you can do as an individual walker or as a Walk Team:
- Rock On! If you know musicians, ask them to perform a benefit concert at a backyard BBQ, block party, or local club. The admission ticket is a check made payable to NAMIWalks.
- Birthday: In lieu of a gift for your birthday, ask your friends and family to make a donation to NAMIWalks through your personal NAMIWalks website.
- Gym: Ask your gym if you, or they, can teach an aerobics, yoga, or spinning class as a benefit to NAMIWalks.
- House Party: Host a house party for friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors. Share your experience with NAMIWalks and your reasons for walking. Ask them to join your Team.
- Make holiday ornaments: Make special ornaments and sell them for donations.
- Mow-a-thon: Hold a neighborhood mow-a-thon weekend where you and your family will mow everyone’s lawn for a minimum donation.
- Runner: Offer to be a friend’s errand runner or personal assistant for a day, in exchange for a substantial donation.
- Garden Tour: Hold a garden tour at your home or at a local historical home.
Friday, August 1, 2014
The NAMIWalks Team is excited to announce that Christina Antos won the "Best Spring NAMIWalk Photo Contest"! Her picture received 92 "Likes" on the NAMIWalks' Facebook page! Congratulations Christina!!! We also want to thank all the individuals who submitted wonderful pictures!
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
We want to see the best picture (horizontal) you took at a 2014 Spring NAMIWalk! Submit one photo that perfectly captured the event to email@example.com. The National Walk Team will select the top two photos and then post them on the NAMIWalks' Facebook page. The photo that receives the most "likes" will become the cover photo for the page and win a prize! Please only send one high quality picture. Any photos received after the first submission will not be considered. By submitting a picture, you are giving NAMIWalks the permission and rights to use the photo on the NAMIWalks' Facebook page, website, blog, and any other print/electronic marketing pieces. Photos must be received by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, July 11.
Monday, May 19, 2014
The NAMIWalks Team is excited to announce that Karly Lent won the "Why I Walk" Video Contest! Her video received 64 "Likes" on the NAMIWalks' Facebook page! Congratulations Karly!!! We also want to thank all the individuals who submitted videos! They were all fantastic!!!
Friday, April 11, 2014
Release your creative juices and film a video today!!!
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
The NAMIWalks Team has been busy attending Team Captain Kick-Off Luncheon (KOL) events around the country. The KOL, usually held 6 to 8 weeks before Walk Day, is a training session for registered and potential Team Captains. Team Captains learn innovative ways to raise funds, as well as receive the tools needed to form successful Walk Teams. Although the event is focused on training, we still manage to make the KOL FUN! Below are some pictures of KOL events! To view more photos, please Like the NAMIWalks' Facebook Page and see the 2014 Team Captain Kick-Off Luncheons album!
Monday, March 3, 2014
Are you a professional graphic designer/illustrator/artist or just a person who likes to draw for FUN? Well NAMIWalks would love to see your work and enter you into our Design Contest! The winner will receive $500 and the opportunity to illustrate our nationally distributed graphic magazine! You don't want to miss this opportunity! See the flyer for details!